Once in while we need a reminder to pause, appreciate and take stock of life. Mine came this morning, when I checked my inbox to find a new post by Cakes, Teas and Dreams. Via Ali Edwards – Capture Life. Create Art., we have been asked to respond to a journaling prompt about what’s happening in our day-to-day lives.
For me, the timing couldn’t be more perfect. A new fall season is upon me and I am about to transition from Fort McMurray back to my real life in Calgary. So here’s what’s going on around here.
Around here I am …
- glad that the summer work season is winding down so my husband and I can start preparations for our drive home.
- feeling the pieces of myself come back to together after a year of loss and transition.
- grateful to author Louise Hay and her wholistic teachings in You Can Heal Your Life.
- coming to terms with the notion that I am not a fiction writer as I work through One Year to a Writing Life by Susan M. Tiberghien. Regardless, I write.
- opening the blinds each morning in anticipation of nature’s changes that happen so quickly in the fall and noticing how that view makes the countdown to our return home more pleasant.
- writing in my journal regularly and titling my entries. Each entry becomes more meaningful and significant in the naming. (Thank you Susan M. Tiberghien)
- gaining perspective on the writing life and how creativity works for me in art and in life.
- making my way to the gym everyday, eating healthy and feeling strong with hopes that my efforts will show positively in myfitnesspal.com
- fighting the pull to put away my flops for another season.
- looking forward to fine family meals with my adult children and a great cup coffee brewed in my new coffee maker at home.
- checking rates for a fall trip to Mexico in order to scratch my travel itch and connect with friends.
- entertaining ideas for a new blog format.
- letting my Fort McMurray writers’ group go in exchange for my new virtual writing group that meets over Skype from anywhere.
- enjoying the flow of life and my simple routine here.
- keeping my journal group close to my heart. We are all excited about our January retreat and our commitment to one another.
- checking my emails and Facebook page for contact with all the relationships I hold dear. Sisters, kids, friends – you know who you are.
Now, what’s going on in your neck of the woods?